FUNDRAISING EVENT APPLICATION
If your team has prepared a season budget and now wants to begin executing some fund-raising event(s), please access the Sherwood Park Minor Hockey Association Fundraising Event Application via the link below. We urge all teams to follow the process so the Association office can coordinate activity in the community and ensure our Provincial licensing and permissions are not jeopardized through non-approved events. Thank you for your cooperation.
(Please click on the Link below then click on the Icon which will appear black)
SPECIAL EVENT PERMITS
Please submit all Special Event Requests in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the Event, Purpose of Event, Date(s) of Event, Location of Event, and whether it meets the criteria outlined below. Upon receipt of this information the SPMHA office will contact you with Permission, Denial or a request for More Information.
Thank you for your cooperation. email@example.com
1. Sherwood Park Minor Hockey Association teams will require a Special Event Permit for any non-hockey team event or activity (Dryland Training, Team BBQ, Waterpark, Christmas Party, Paintball, etc) which does not involve fund-raising or a scheduled hockey game, practice, or tournament.
2. Requests for Special Events must be received 7 days prior to the event.
3. If you have an on-going event (i.e. dryland every Wed from Nov to Jan) one permit request is fine. Specify the start and end dates, frequency or specific day of the week, and time of day. If you just put in Jan-1 to Mar 31 at GARC this will be DENIED. It would have to be Jan 1 to Mar 31 at GARC every Wed 5-6:30 p.m.
4. It is expected if on a Travel Permit for a hockey event, teams will not engage in any other Special Event. If Teams are planning or organizing a Special Event except for team meals*, a Special Events Permit must be approved and issued. Please be aware of stipulations of insurable Special Events.
5. *If you are going for a team lunch/dinner/breakfast after or before an exhibition, regular season or playoff game YOU MUST HAVE A SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT.
6. If you wish to bring out a visiting coach or player (as a coach), you may do so WITHOUT a special event permit if the coach/player is a carded member of another SPMHA or SPKAC team, is in good standing, and if a player, is Peewee aged or higher, and must play at least one Division (not Tier) above the team they are helping.
7. If you wish to bring out an Atom aged player to help coach in a lower division, you must obtain a special event permit.
8. If you have a player from a higher division coming down to help coach THEY MUST WEAR FULL HOCKEY GEAR WHEN ON THE ICE.