- The RIC is elected every two years under section 3.2.5 of the SPMHA Policies. To stand
for election the individual must meet the eligibility requirement to be a Member under the
Association Bylaws. In addition, the individual must have served as a senior on-ice
official and be in good standing with North Zone Referees Committee.
- Ensures that referees are adequately trained, supervised and assigned to only those games
that they are capable of officiating at, for sanctioned Association games.
- Maintains a current list of all qualified officials.
- Serves as a liaison with Hockey Alberta and the North Zone Referees Committee on
behalf of the Association on all referee related issues.
- Provides advice on rule interpretations to the Executive Committee, Division Directors,
coaches and others as required.
- Conducts all aspects of the annual referees’ clinic.