Sherwood Park Minor Hockey's Female Stream is operated through the SPS Fuzion, a separate but connected operating arm of SPMHA. The Fuzion program is open to U7 through U18 female players from Sherwood Park and Strathcona. All Sherwood Park female players have the option to register for either the all-female Fuzion program, the co-ed SPMHA Community program, or the SPKAC Elite Stream program (depending on age and ability). For more information on the Fuzion program, visit them at spsfuzion.com
U7 Fuzion hockey involves the formation of tiered female only teams that play within appropriate divisions of the Edmonton Federation Hockey League (EFHL) against co-ed as well as all-female teams. The players will vary from beginners that are learning basic hockey skills to those that have more experience.
- A child can register in U9 even if they have not participated in younger age categories.
- For the 2020-21 season those born in 2012 and 2013 may register for the U9 program.
- Tiered teams are formed after an evaluation process that occurs over multiple skates during the month of September.
- The purpose of tiering is to have similarly skilled players on each team that are also playing against similarly skilled players from other clubs throughout the EFHL program.
- Games will be held throughout the city and surrounding area.
- Locations of practices vary, but will all be within Strathcona County, predominantly in Sherwood Park.
- Most games will be held on the weekends, but there will be weekday afternoon or evening ice times throughout the year.
- Games will be played with Referees, however no scores will be kept as U9 is under the rules of Hockey Alberta's Intro to Hockey program.
- All games will be half-ice.
- Development of skating and hockey skills considers the skill level of the team.
- 18 or more games and approximately 40 practices (all half ice) from September to March, mostly on Saturday and Sunday, but will include weekday afternoon/evening.