Administration Coordinator (Full-time)
Sherwood Park Minor Hockey is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our Administration team.
As a primary point of contact for Sherwood Park Minor Hockey Association (SPMHA) and its partner organizations (SPKAC & FUZION), the Administration Coordinator will be supporting clients in person, by telephone, and through email.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Administration Coordinator helps facilitate and support Association members and partners in navigating through the SPMHA, SPKAC & FUZION programs and services including online registration, permits, sanctioning, ice allocation and affiliation. Working together with the SPMHA Administration team on site, the Administration Coordinator will also support and facilitate operations of the Association and its partners. Daily responsibilities include providing information in response to general inquiries, processing of permits, ice schedule management and paperwork processing. Other duties will include filing, word processing, minute taking, updating website, data entry, mail and other support as required to ensure the efficient internal operation of the association.
Days and hours of work vary in accordance with need but may include some evenings and weekends; to be scheduled in accordance with maintaining designated SPMHA office hours.
SPMHA General Manager
- Hockey Alberta
- Neighboring and affiliated associations such as SPKAC, SPS Fuzion, SMHA & Sherwood Park Crusaders
- Municipal staff of the Strathcona County Other applicable organizations and agencies
- Leagues and their member associations including:
- Edmonton Federation Hockey League
- Alberta Elite Hockey League
- Alberta Female Hockey League
- Northern Alberta Hockey League
- Rural & Edmonton Minor Hockey League
- Capital Junior Hockey League
- Noralta Junior C Hockey League
- Provide membership support as primary contact for in-person, phone and email inquiries.
- Collection, review, input and management of team sanction, permit requests & approvals.
- Assist affiliation process of SPMHA and partner associations through processing of paperwork and input of affiliation data into the HCR as required, sometimes under tight deadlines.
- Liaise with partner association representatives to monitor and provide affiliation updates and reports as necessary.
- Assist with input and data management of Criminal Record Checks (CRC) & Vulnerable Sector Checks (VSC)
- Assist in reception of incoming deliveries and outgoing items & equipment.
- Submit all correspondence and phone messages to the President, GM, Administrator, or applicable Directors.
- Work to digitize all SPMHA documents and records in efforts to reduce environmental impacts and costs to association.
- Manage & review ice allocations counts & distribution with GM, and provide allocation support as required.
- Assist in facilitation and coordination of annual association events and tournaments.
- Assist in collection and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail as required.
- Data entry and management of Association software solutions, including but not limited to HCR, TeamSnap, TeamGenius & OneClickIce.
- Completes or coordinates routine office maintenance tasks as required.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Candidates should be organized, reliable and able to work independently as needed.
- Candidates should be competent in Microsoft Office & Google Workspace products including MS Word, MS Excel, Google Docs/Sheets/Forms.
- Prior experience as an Office Assistant or Administrator would be considered an asset.
- Prior experience in sport or team management would be considered an asset.
- Prior experience with ice or field allocation would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Hockey Alberta / SPMHA Policies and Procedures would be considered an asset.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Monday, May 2nd, 2022