For anyone not involved in the Saturday, Oct. 2 final evaluation game, I wanted to share a few of the upcoming important dates along with some longer term dates, assuming that we do not get plunged into another lockdown in the Province that will push some or all of these dates back. If you have any questions after reviewing this post, please feel free to reach out via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I also wanted to share with you the final make up of our division. This season we will feature 3 Checking teams (Tiers 1C, 2C, and 3C) and 2 Non-Checking teams (Tiers 1NC and 2NC). Players will be assigned into one of these teams on Oct. 3rd. I’ll save you all the trouble of staying up late refreshing the website on the night of Oct. 2nd and tell you I expect to publish the final rosters on the website at or prior to 4 PM on Oct 3rd.
- Oct. 2 – Final Evaluation Game
- Oct. 3 – Team Announcements for U18*
- Oct. 7 – SPMHA U18 Practices begin
- Oct. 12 – EFHL Coach Meeting
- Oct. 13 – SPMHA Manager’s Meeting
- Oct. 16 – EFHL games commence (tiering round)
- Nov. 1 – Rosters locked, Final Hockey Alberta Hard Cards produced for teams. Roster movement although rare, can take place up until this date.
- Nov. 15 – EFH: Re-Tiering Meeting (no games the period of Nov. 15-25)
- Nov. 23 – EFHL Re-tiering announcement (usually not applicable to U18)
- Nov. 26 – EFHL League gameplay begins
- Dec. 23 – Jan. 2, 2022 – Christmas Break – no games scheduled in this period
- Jan. 7 – 16, 2022 – Edmonton Minor Hockey Week
- Feb. 24 – Last game of EFHL Regular Season
- Feb. 25 – Mar. 17 – EFHL Playoffs
If you have applied to, or recently announced to me your intentions to apply to Head Coach one of our U18 teams, you should receive a call or email from me within the next couple of dates as we work through team assignment and determine which players landed in which team.
*Although we will announce SPMHA’s U18 rosters on Oct. 3rd, potential player movement may continue to occur up until Nov. 1, 2021. While rare, late cuts from the elite stream may continue to flow down into SPMHA’s house league teams. While we try to avoid placing players onto teams and then moving them down when movement from above occurs, this can still happen.